Saturday, March 30, 2013

March: 5 Weeks Old!

This week Jackson is 5 weeks old and YES we saw his very first smiles!!!   Although I'm constantly encouraging more of them, he seems super confused when I keep putting my iPhone in his face to capture any of them!  The smiling started about 3 days ago, and usually happens in the mornings after he's changed and fed, and I'm lucky to click a pic of him when he does!  






Age: 5 Weeks
Weight: 9 pounds 13 ounces (at the pediatrician this week)
Likes: Walks in his bassinet w/the "White Noise" pandora station on, drinking milk, staring at the chocolate wall in my family room, and listening to his Dad read him books...and the BINK.
Dislikes: Being swaddled or confined in any way, and when the car stops at red lights or the cart at Target stops moving so Mom can check out- major meltdown.  MUST ALWAYS BE MOVING.
Mommy Likes & Dislikes: I love having a newborn, I love holding him, feeding him, waking up in the middle of the night with him....he makes me want another.  Haha!!  And the people that yield to me in parking lots and hold doors open for my stroller- bless you.  Dislike- a screaming hungry baby in the backseat while I'm alone stuck in a traffic jam on the 91, already late for an appt but decide to get off at a truck stop to feed him and having a cop that pulls up and tells me to lock my doors...I wish I made this part up.  And small grocery carts.
Sleeps: YES, I have to admit...although I said I'd never be "that" parent...this little man has somehow wormed his way into our bed at night in between Travis & I - and to all the other mother's out there that were duped into this....whatever keeps you sane and baby asleep until 7am!!
Changes in Mood:  A little fussier this week because since he has decided to eat more frequently I'm clearly not able to prepare his bottle in the appropriate timing- however the smiles I get in the morning are priceless!!
Eating: 3&1/2 ounces every 2- 2&1/2 hours....more frequent since his alleged "growth spurt" began this week
Clothes: 0-3 Month-ers, and he loves to sleep in footed pajamas (who doesn't..?)
Looking forward to:  More frequent smiling and the day I get my bed back!  Well kinda. ; )

xoxo,
Mrs. O


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...